Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's only fair...

There's no way my daughters are going to put up with an unborn baby getting a cooler looking room than they have. So, of course, SuperMom that I am, I had to do something special in their rooms. In the past, this would have been done within a few weeks of our moving into the new place, but hey, I think I get a little bit of a break for doing this while pregnant!

Somehow, this has also gotten more complex as we've moved. The first room they had (which they shared) I stenciled bright colored flowers around the room, some pink and purple for March, and some yellow and orange for June. Then, they separated into two new rooms in the next house. So March had lovely blue walls, with butterflies stenciled around, mostly on one wall. And June had a nice mango-colored room with monkeys stenciled all over her walls.

This time, stencils just weren't enough. SuperMom was asked to do murals on their walls. March wanted giant cats playing on the wall, and June wanted hot air balloons flying around her room!!

Anything for my darlings!

Photobucket

Photobucket
In case you're wondering, those are (left to right) Thing (from Addams Family), our cat, Jupiter, Kirby, and "dodo", June's favorite doll since she was about 2 years old, now tattered and worn.

Photobucket
...and here's June herself in a balloon, next to a Webkinz rabbit who's spying on her.

Photobucket
...and the new love of her life, a llama!

Photobucket
Too bad for the monkeys who used to be her favorites before she became a llama lover!

Photobucket
June insisted on drawing me in a balloon, keeping my eye on her in her bed!

2 comments:

Olga said...

you are so talented!!!!
great murals ;)
I still remember painting June's room bright yellow with red hearts and stuff in your previous house.

Unknown said...

i'm so impressed by you! when do you find the time?