Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Someone's getting a great kitchen...

Since we're putting our house on the market, and I'm so busy and crazed that I can no longer think straight, I've been pretty much allowing my realtor to make all the important decisions for me. (Don't blame me if my outfit doesn't match today, the realtor picked it out!)

After his "staging" crew walked the house with him last week, he came up with a big long list of critical home improvements that we needed to make before the house goes on the market. So, suddenly I'm painting our front door red. Or, at least, I'm trying to do so. But after two coats, I'm still nowhere near red, nowhere near having covered up the color underneath (black).

We're peeling off all the wall paper in the guest bathroom. Supermom that I am, I realized that something as destructive as peeling wallpaper off the walls would be a perfect job for June, the little devil!

Now for the worst part. We're putting granite counters in the kitchen, peeling off the blue and white country wallpaper and repainting. Why is this awful? Aside from the amount of work that needs to get magically done by next Thursday (while I'm, coincidentally in California at an in-laws wedding half the time), I've been too cheap, lazy or unmotivated to make these changes for myself the entire time I've lived in this house. I disliked the wallpaper and counters from the minute I stepped into the house. Did I ever look into putting in granite counters for myself? No, it always seemed too expensive or too much trouble. Did I ever tear that darned wallpaper off for myself? No, too much work, I can live with it.


So now, we'll have a beautiful kitchen, which we'll possess for hopefully only a month or two. And I really won't even be able to use it much, because I'm eating Diet to Go , and besides, we've already packed half the kitchen things.

Enough ranting!

3 comments:

ShallowGal said...

On the bright side, you inspired me to get the granite counters I know I'll need to put in eventually NOW while I can enjoy them.

Enjoy counters. What has my life come to?

xoxo, SG

Olga said...

did you go to sleep last night? surprisingly I had no nightmares about the wallpaper attacking me!

Unknown said...

I'm dreaming of having a kitchen one day soon! And i'm sure you'll have a dream life kitchen one day as well :)