Friday, September 26, 2008

Under Contract!!

I didn't want to jinx it until all the contingencies had been removed, but my house is now officially under contract. The only thing that can stop the sale now is if the buyers lose a job, or their bank goes belly-up. A few years ago that might have seemed like a long-shot, but these days??

So in 53 days, we will be homeless. Unless we find something to live in by then. (Do you suppose the homeless shelters take a family of four with a dog, two cats and a guinea pig??) We're looking and looking, but nothing much yet. The rental houses we've seen have been nasty. I think renting our your house is apparently something you do when you're too lazy to clean it or fix anything in it. The apartments are very small and almost none take a dog and two cats and a guinea pig--actually, that goes for 90% of the rental homes too. We're hoping to buy something, so we'll have to see what happens.

Oh, and we're leaving for the Dominican Republic in 22 days!!! I have desperately needed a vacation for over a year. At this point, I don't care whether we have a place to live or not, as long as I get to lie on that beach and listen to the waves. Because if I don't get that vacation, I'll have a place to live--it's called Bellevue, or whatever other mental hospital is near!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey. Hope it all works out at the end. The offer of me going to Dominican Republic instead of one of your daughters still stands :)
I feel like I'm becoming homeless in 2 weeks as well - joy!