Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A morning at the dermatologist

Yesterday I took March to the dermatologist. We made the appointment about six months ago, at one of the only dermatologists in the area that was taking new patients. Since making the appointment, March has gone through at least two kinds of skin cleansing and toning products, trying to find one that doesn't break out her skin.

I should mention that she has beautiful skin, but that it tends to get a little oily and occasionally breaks out. This was really a pro-active (no pun intended) visit, because DH had very bad acne when he was a teenager, and she seems to take after him in a lot of physical ways.

In the doctor's office, March went into her "I'm a teenager and I can't speak out loud" routine. So I asked all the questions. Dr. Epps pretty much treated us like we were insane for even being there. She didn't seem to understand the concept of being prepared for acne should it strike in the future--despite the fact that it takes six months to get an appointment with her! Anyway, she looked at all of March's beauty marks (she's a beautiful girl if I do say so myself, so she has many beauty marks) and checked out her skin and thought everything looked quite normal. She gave us a prescription for an acne cream that March could use topically if anything ever springs up. It was really expensive--over $70 after insurance paid for part. She also suggested a horse shampoo Mane n' Tail for her thick thick hair.

I guess we're ready to enter the world of teenage skin now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

an actual horse shampoo?!